Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Election 2010: Dear England, Don't Vote Tory

Dear England,

I was one of the people responsible for voting in the Labour government back in 1997 (sorry about that...). That was the first time I was legally able to vote, and at the time it was the best possible thing for the country in the eyes of many. While there have been innumerable problems and failings in that Labour government since then, it still served a positive purpose in that it removed the Conservatives from power. This was necessary, after so many years of the country being run into the ground by them.

Now it's time for another change, but that's not to say the tories should be brought back to Number 10 now. Their policies serve the few rather than the many, which is no way to run a country. It's time for something different. I am not saying that you should vote for the Liberal Democrats (I shall be, but that's my own choice following lots of thought and consideration). What I'm asking is that you think hard before choosing the box you put your X in. Make it count for something.

Don't vote Tory.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew

(PS: Don't vote for the BNP either. That'd do us all even less favours)