Holding dreams in the palm of your hand

I ordered a couple of test copies of my book, Across the Seas of Mind, which have now arrived. They're gorgeous and for once I feel genuinely proud of myself. So much went into the stories and so much happened in my life during the writing of the book means that holding these copies feels like holding a chunk of my own life in my hand. It is a strange and wonderful feeling, and has given me a massive dose of inspiration to get the work done on my next collection as well as the material I am writing for mainstream outlets. Work on all of these things will now step up a notch, and there will be some great news soon. Plans are being made for something special. For now, I have my book in my hands, and the kick in the backside to get everything else done. I feel great, and I've earned it. I'm not resting on my laurels though. From here things get real.

Comments