Starting Over

So. Myself and my lady have moved to Nottingham, and my comfort zone, aka Sheffield, my home town for all of my 31 years on this planet thus far, is no longer around me. This is weird, but it's cool. There are kinks to work out, like not having our broadband connected yet (yay for cafes with free WiFi!), but things are going pretty well.

It's weird. Moving, even though it's not really all that far away from the city that spawned me, has given me enough distance from the past to start thinking about where I am with life right now. It's a pretty good place, actually. We have a nice place, are starting to meet a few people, and finding our feet in a new city.

That's not to say that this is being taken lightly. Man, I'm kind of terrified, to tell you the truth. This is a whole different world to me, and I'm feeling a little out of my depth. I'm slap bang in the middle of a section of town awash with fashionable people who seem to have been chiseled from a far more attractive subtance than myself. I feel a bit like an alien amongst all of these good looking, well dressed denizens of a highly trendy society.

In short, I am craving some grime. Nottingham has its grime, but it's not the grime of home.

We visited Sheffield last weekend, and saw a huge number of friends we'd missed since moving. I guess that being away from the place is making me appreciate things more. Things I had, things I have, and things yet to come along. Starting over is scaring the hell out of me, but it's kind of nice.
=======

Normal service will be resumed shortly. Lots to post for you.

Comments