KARL URBAN AS JUDGE DREDD - FIRST PICTURE!


So here's the first picture of Karl Urban as Judge Dredd from the forthcoming new movie (either gonna be called JUDGE DREDD or just DREDD), and already my fellow geeks have found something to complain about- the size of the helmet. Arrrrgh! I think it looks fantastic. The helmet looks fine- look at the picture again- some of Urban's face is in shadow at the side, so it's not as oversized as you may think.

The costume looks promising. I would have liked larger shoulder sections, but hey, this reminds me of the very early Judge Dredd strips from 2000AD, in which Dredd was far more lean than the current incarnation in the comics. This seems to capture the vibe of the character perfectly, even if it's not spot on. I have high hopes for this film as I'm a massive Dredd fan, and am praying for something that will at least be better than Stallone's 1995 version. And HOORAY- he won't be taking the helmet off! :)

Source: Ain't It Cool News

Comments