Coming Up On The Big 4-0. Issues, that is...

In a few short months, I'll be hitting 40 issues as part of the Powerplay Rock and Metal Magazine gang, and I'm still enjoying it just as much as when I was first offered the gig. It's a huge amount of fun, even when deadlines loom, to be able to talk about new music for our readers to check out.

I still find it a little daunting when interviewing rock stars old and new, but the knowledge that I get to be a part of a truly all-encompassing rock mag always sets me at ease.

Attending shows for the magazine is always a good experience, as being in the same place as like-minded people never fails to inspire me.

One of my favourite moments as a writer for Powerplay Rock and Metal Magazine thus far was during FireFest at Nottingham Rock City last October, when I was lucky enough to meet a number of our readers face to face, including people from as far away as Australia.

That really brought it home just how far the words we write go. Similarly it is always flattering when a review is quoted on a band's website, be it positive or negative. It's been a wonderful experience working for the magazine thus far, and I intend to continue doing so for a long time to come. I just wanted to say thanks to our readers and to the editorial staff for the brilliant opportunity to write for a magazine that I would be an avid reader of for life anyway.

Comments