THOR: I don’t care he’s from Summer Bay

My girlfriend, the wit-machine that she is (no really, she gets paid for being witty in the press), just can’t resist telling me at every opportunity that Chris Hemsworth, aka the lead in the new Marvel movie adaptation of THOR, was in Home and Away.

As I typed that, my lady was looking over my shoulder and started singing the Home and away theme tune. Now, while my patience is being tried on a regular basis with her nails-on-a-blackboard singing voice, I thought I should pop on here and tell you dear Thor, Asgardian, God of Thunder and all that, that I don’t mind you came from Summer Bay.

No, seriously. I just find it incredibly surreal that one of the most legendary comics characters is being played by a former ‘star’ of daytime soap opera hell. I am going to have to see the film on my own, otherwise my girl will spend the whole running time of the flick leaning over and saying things like ‘You flamin’ great galah’ whenever Hemsworth is on screen.

Mind you, now I have a mental image of the Home and away opening titles, completely redone on Asgard, with Anthony Hopkins as Odin, wandering along a beach while Thor heads out on a surfboard before heading to the diner for a milkshake with Alf. Blimey, this heat is getting to me.

Comments