Hellraiser: Revelations – I know It's Rubbish, But I Still Want To See It


Look, I am fully aware that the latest cheapo Hellraiser sequel, HELLRAISER: REVELATIONS is an atrociously bad film, that Doug Bradley refused to be a part of, that Clive Barker has ranted about, that the horror community has torn to pieces, but... I still want to see it. I can't help it. I've liked seven of the nine there have been so far, disliked one and haven't seen the new one, and while I agree the quality has plummeted ever since the heights of Hellraiser II: Hellbound, I have a soft spot for Cenobites.

I just know that no matter how much people slag off Revelations (hell, I've been joining in after seeing the woeful trailer), I'll end up slipping it into my player one day and watching the whole thing. I can't not. I'm a sucker, and Dimension know it. I guess, aside from my completist streak, that I'm curious about it.

I'm curious to see just what a Hellraiser movie which has been made solely to hold onto the license is like. The tiny budget and laughable shooting schedule for the film speaks volumes about the quality (or lack thereof), but if you'll pardon the pun, I'm hooked. I think I'll watch it and then put the original on immediately afterwards to make things all better again. What's your pleasure, sir? Probably not Hellraiser: Revelations, judging by the reaction of people so far...

Comments