Powerplay - my 50th issue is almost here!



My fiftieth issue as a writer for POWERPLAY ROCK AND METAL MAGAZINE is almost here, and I'm really excited for you all to check out the two feature interviews I have in there. Both are with icons of rock and metal, and both musicians have played a big part in my life.

Interviews with DON DOKKEN (DOKKEN legend) and VINNIE PAUL (HELLYEAH/PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN) were conducted recently and were absolutely wonderful. Both Don and Vinnie were absolute gentlemen, and getting the chance to talk to two people who have been a mainstay of my love for music since my love for music began was an absolute honour.

The new HELLYEAH album, "Band Of Brothers" is OUT NOW and is a rip-roaring piece of metal the likes of which could only be created by a band whose members have such a formidable pedigree.

The new DOKKEN album, "Broken Bones" is still being mixed, but the four rough tracks I heard are excellent, showcasing both the classic Dokken sound and the more mature side of the band and the man himself.

Two more ambitions to cross off the list!

My time with Powerplay has been brilliant since day one, and I must say a HUGE THANK YOU to our readers and my colleagues for making it so much fun to do. You rock, one and all.


Comments