Dear Dimension Films, Can I Please Write The Next Hellraiser?


Hi everyone at Dimension Films. I'd like to make a request if I may. Could I please write the next Hellraiser film? As a long-time fan of the films, the mythos and the concept created by Clive Barker, I would seriously like to write you a script for a new Hellraiser film which would be low on budget but high on tension and hopefully be enjoyed by the Hellraiser dieheards whilst still bringing new fans on board.

I realise that Hellraiser: Revelations was a film made very quickly and under a great deal of pressure, with a tiny budget, and that film was almost universally panned by fans and critics alike.

I would like to have a stab at providing a script for a chilling and claustrophobic horror thriller which fits the Hellraiser mythos perfectly while not costing a great deal to produce.

Why? Because I want to see the Hellraiser series continue, and get back some of the love which has been lost along the way. The remake's coming eventually, I know, but while the series continues to live on DVD, as a fan I'd love to bring other fans something they would enjoy. I'll write it for free. Please do get in touch.

(Well, it's worth a try, eh?)

Comments