That was a year

I wasn't intending to do an end-of-year post this year, but 2014 has turned out to be a little odd. It has been a year both life-affirming and heartbreaking, energizing and exhausting. I began the year optimistic that I would be able to achieve a few things, and it was a marvellous thing to be able to see two long-standing projects come to fruition at last.

The first was the release VHS ATE MY BRAIN back in March. The limited signed run sold out in six days, and the book has been selling in physical and digital form way beyond my expectations ever since.

I'd like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to every single person who has checked it out. I genuinely had no idea that a print-on-demand book about such a niche interest would be picked up by so many people. Thank you so, so much.

The other was my debut full length novel, A STOLEN FATE. It's imperfect, but I'm extremely proud of how it turned out. I am certainly excited to be bringing you the first sequel, ROGUE SOUL, in April 2015. There will be various other releases from me throughout the year.

This year was defined mainly by the birth of my second son, who is a wonderful little person full of laughter and dribble. My first son continues to amaze me every day with his sense of humour and rapidly developing intellect, and my wife continues to be my best friend as well as my spouse.

The year draws to a close with some sad family news which came about this very morning, on the last day of the year.

Thus I find myself in a reflective mood as 2014 ends and I welcome 2015. What to I strive for in 2015? To be better. To do more of what makes me happy. To create more. To remember who I am a bit more often.

I wish you the very best of luck with your new year. Treasure its newness. Run with it.

Endings are beginnings.

Much love,
Andrew

Comments