ART OF ANARCHY – Echo Of A Scream


During the latter part of my time as a music journalist I reviewed the first ART OF ANARCHY album in the pages of Powerplay Rock and Metal Magazine. It was a solid album (I think I gave it 7/10) which I've found myself revisiting since the project began its new era. Originally fronted by the late Scott Weiland, (also featuring ex- Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal) something didn't quite gel for me.

The music worked well, the production was spot on and the songs were well crafted, but Weiland didn't seem to fit, to my ears anyway. That may have been somewhat to do with him dismissing the project soon after it was out, making his feelings felt that it wasn't a band.

His sad loss in 2015 meant that there would be music which would go unheard, and a second shot at Art of Anarchy would be amongst those things I figured we'd never hear. Then Art of Anarchy took on former Creed vocalist Scott Stapp and started work on new material.

Listening to them now it feels a lot more like a band than just a project. Stapp has had his issues in recent years, but it's clear he's putting those behind him and putting a lot into his performance. I must say I'm digging this tune from their album 'The Madness' which came out back in March.

Comments