Warhammer 40,000 – Indulging in Aeldari


In my early days of gaming, my favourite alien races were the Genestealers/Tyranids and the Eldar. These two offered different ends of the spectrum in terms of foes for my Space Marines and the other forces of the Imperium that I'd filled shelf after shelf with. With the Tyranids there's the relentless hunger for violence the myriad clawed beasts thrive on, while the Eldar offered a regal, mysterious species rich in history and blessed with extremely striking designs.

Now I'm well and truly back in the game(s), my interest in Eldar – now Aeldari – has returned. I love their aesthetic, their quiet majesty and truly alien customs. Their miniatures are exquisite, offering a lot of scope for different styles and colour schemes, and the current plastic kits are way more detailed and practical than the metal ones I originally had.

Also, along with the Eldar came an interest in the Dark Eldar, or Drukhari. These mean, vicious fighters are the perfect embodiment of lean and nasty alien adversaries, and that's immensely cool. Their ships, such as the Razorwing or the Venom, have a beautifully angular design that not only looks amazing on the table, they also really evoke an otherworldly sense of cool.

Indulging in Aeldari and Drukhari is adding yet another layer of enjoyment for me, and I do suggest branching out from the tried and tested old favourites as a new army is always fun to paint and even more fun to get to know. Adding another dimension to the hobby can only serve to enrich the experience.

I'm having an absolute blast with this universe and would love more people to discover for themselves what a positive thing it is. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and choose some crazy loud hair colours for my Drukhari Kill Team ;)

Comments