Kill Team: This Means War!

So, recently I took my freshly built and painted Drukhari Wyches Kill Team over to Warhammer World to play against my good friend Kei and his Adeptus Mechanicus team. It was a lot of fun, even though Kei annihilated my Wyches very quickly indeed, which tells me I need a bit more thought in terms of their tactics and using their skills to their fullest. Of course, this also meant that I would need to take brutal revenge as soon as possible.

Thus I've bought a Deathwatch Kill Team and after an evening of building fun am ready to get painting. Where the Drukhari are about stealth and speed on the table, I think what I need to overcome the followers of the Omnissiah is some brute force and heavy weaponry.

I mean, technically they'd be on the same side, but I'm sure a scenario can be concocted where they can face each other. The set is a joy to build, offering a lot of options in terms of weaponry and characters as well as a wide range of moulded chapter pauldrons.

The option that I'm most excited about is the Black Shield model, which is going to look stunning once painted. The idea of an Adeptus Astartes who has left his chapter behind and has gone into self imposed exile is fascinating, and offers a lot of scope in terms of character.

Another thing I appreciate about this set is the leftover parts, of which there are many, meaning I have the chance for some Deathwatch conversions soon as well. This is a great set, and I'm looking forward to kicking Kei's backside with it next time we hot a Warhammer World table.

Comments