Back onstage for one night only!

I guess, eventually, Hell does freeze over. The time I spent as a musician in the early to mid-2000s was unforgettable, but it has always been tainted by sadness at the way it ended. I've always wanted one more shot, one more live show to give that chapter of my life the closure I needed.

That's finally happening on the 4th of September here in Nottingham, where I'll be playing a headline set as guitarist for self-styled 'Insurrectionary Neo Futurists' the Jan Doyle Band.

This has been something we've kept under wraps for a few months now. Originally it was to be at a festival, however, that didn't happen for a number of reasons. As such, Jan Doyle Band vocalist The Futurist decided to stage a show anyway so I could have the chance to play that one-night-only show after all.

I'm playing this show with the blessing of the band's permanent guitarist, my long-serving friend Delanthear (aka Kelly of The Way of All Flesh), and I'm very grateful to him for that gesture.

I have been billed under my stage name, Mister Hex, which I DJ'd as at events such as Batfink, Everfink, The Control Frequency and Stormblast.

Joining us in the suitably gothic Chapel concert room at the Angel will be Hurtsfall and Chaos Bleak, two bands it's a delight to be on the same bill as. Anyone who knows me will have seen me wearing the hell out of my Chaos Bleak t-shirts for months on end.

What can you expect from the set? After the sumptuous gothic electronics of Hurtsfall and the Goth/Post-punk of Chaos Bleak, we will be offering a feast of neo-futurism encompassing new wave, electropop, punk, rock and more.

After 16 years, I'm excited to be getting back up onstage one more time.

Tickets are available here

The Facebook event page is here.


Comments