I: A Newspaper For The Blogging Generation

I've started picking up the I newspaper of late, the abridged version of the Independent. When it was first starting to circulate, I didn't really see the point, but now I'm sold. For one thing it's only 20p, so that instantly appeals to a lot of people, but the content is actually pretty good.

It kinda feels like the Metro, but without all of the Daily Mail style nastiness. While it does lack the delights of the Nemi comic strip (the only thing worth getting a Metro for), it does supply a nicely concise overview of the day's news.

I would liken it to a printed version of a news blog, without the hastily worded articles. It's a good read and easy to carry around, with journalism that is straight to the point. It's worth 20p, if only to avoid having to be seen with the Mini Mail that is the Metro. Give it a try.

Comments